Thursday, September 27, 2007

Mommy Lets Go...a Little
















It is still hot in Texas, so I took the Peanut to the Galleria today to play on the great playground with her friends Violet and Fletcher. Now, let's face it. I am a little bit of a freak. I don't like dirt or germs or danger, so I do what I can to help Daphne avoid those things as well. This playground is great because it has no sand, rocks, dirt, or woodchips for Daphne to eat or wallow in. There ARE probably germs, but if you get there before the mall opens, all the toys are clean, and there aren't too many other kids spreading Who Know What all over the place. And it is a very safe playground, because the toys are made of some kind of soft material, and the floor is cushy and bouncy. So, I decided today was the day to let the Peanut climb on stuff without hovering over her. She had a BLAST. Since I usually never let her climb on stuff, she isn't very good at it, but it didn't take her too long to get the hang of it, and by the time we left, she figured out how to get down without falling. Look how proud she is of herself, standing on top of that gator's back! And in the video, when she falls, she just says Uh-Oh and gets up to do it again, happy as a clam. And I only said "Oh Dear!" once or twice the whole time. Kev would have been so proud of me...uh, I mean Daphne.




1 comment:

Julie said...

Awww- your I mean- She is growing up! ha! We have a playgroud like that at church- love it!