Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Holiday Spirit



We spent the weekend beeing sick. The whole family. Kev and Daphne are much better, and I'm getting there. Today I am congested, and have almost completely lost my voice. I don't have time to be sick. Too many projects to do to get ready for the holidays. One of those projects, which I actually managed to finish this weekend, was making a set of six Christmas ornaments for a swap on Flickr. I never should have signed up for a swap at this time of year. I know better. But I did, and I managed to get my ornaments made and sent (to Australia!) and I should be receiving ornaments from around the world in exchange in a few weeks. Above is the one I made for us to keep. On the back, which you can't see, is green corduroy. The leftover fabric will become more pants for the Peanut.

I am getting excited about Christmas this year. My first holiday activity was buying a carton of eggnog. I love eggnog. Then, I got sick and didn't feel like drinking it. But that's OK, there's more at the store.

Now, I have to go get a shower while Daphne is asleep, but I'll try to blog more later to make up for my sick days.

5 comments:

Gye Greene said...

Ah! Explains the shortage of recent blog postings. (I just figured you were busy -- or hadn't had anything of particular interest to share.)

Glad you're feeling better.

Great ornament!!! :) Are those little red beads? From a pattern, or did you make the reindeer shape from scratch? (Or is that a crafts ''no-no'', to ask those sorts of Q's?)


--GG

Tara said...

Ha - having nothing interesting to say has never stopped me before!

The little red balls are holly berries, as I thought the picture would be more festive if I hung the ornament on the holly bush in the driveway...they aren't part of the ornament. The reindeer was screenprinted onto the fabric...I used a silhouette of a reindeer from the internet and made the screen from that.

Gye Greene said...

Sorry - the red balls I was referring to was on the reindeer: looks like little red beads in the photo. I was envisioning you spending hours and hours hand-sewing those little red beads.

But, o.k. -- it's silkscreened.

Still good.


And, how 'bout that ''e-mail the follow-up comments'' option? Gotta love it! :)


--GG

Julie said...

Glad ya'll are back on the mend- G is sick now- very sad- :( I hope I don't get it!!!

Tara said...

Ack! I hope she didn't get it from us! Sorry!