Thursday, November 08, 2007

Outside at Last



Today we finally got to play outside after about a week of being stuck inside with various ailments. Oh, I had visions of such fun! "I shall rake the leaves into piles," I thought, "while Daphne frolics joyfully without a care in the world."


HA!


Here is what really happened: I got about six mosquito bites while trying to get the rake out of the garage. Then, Daphne didn't want to frolic. She wanted to rake. Then Good Neighbor Ron came over with his dog and Daphne got scared and almost ran into the street. Then she found a rusty nail, which she almost ate before I could get it away from her. Then she wanted to climb up and down the neighbor's concrete steps. That being said, it was still pretty fun, and better than sitting in the house watching yet another episode of Go Diego Go (which should be re-named For the Love of Pete, Diego, Will You Please Stop Screaming).


The video above shows Daphne attempting to master the art of raking leaves into a pile. It's a shame that in the future, we'll probably have to pay or threaten her to get her to help with the yard work. Kev once said that the main reason to have a kid was to make them take care of the lawn. I'm pretty sure he might have been kidding.

2 comments:

Gye Greene said...

Yeah, our kid (3yo) loves to sweep. We'll see how long **that** lasts...


I presume Diego is "Dora's cousin, Diego"? Don't have any of those -- but do have all the Dora DVDS. (At least, all the ones released here in Aussie-land.)


--GG

Unknown said...

I love this, Tara. I could watch it over and over! She is precious.