Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Ten

Here's the thing. I like to read magazines. I like all the pretty glossy pictures and the short short articles that require no mental investment. My favorites right now are Craft, Blueprint, Adorn, ReadyMade and KnitSimple. I also like Martha Stewart Living and Real Simple and some cooking magazines too. I DON"T like Domino. Every time I "read" it, I just get mad and feel ripped off. The last page is always the same. It's called Ten Things That Make Me Happy, and it features some spare from the fashion or design world that I've always never heard of, and pictures of ten things that make them happy. Like their fancy watch or their weird expensive lamp. I like the ten things idea, I just don't like that magazine. I'd like to know ten things that make people I actually know and care about happy.

In honor of how much I dislike Domino Magazine, here are Ten Songs that make me happy (in no particular order):

  1. Eminence Front - The Who
  2. American Girl - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
  3. Otra Parte -
















    The Palo Pinto House Pants House Band
  4. Anything by Mississippi John Hurt
  5. Chicken Payback - A Band of Bees
  6. Christmas in Hollis - Run DMC
  7. Let's Go Crazy - Prince
  8. Cruel Summer - Bananarama
  9. Jump Up - Dan Zanes and Friends
  10. The Charlie Brown Theme - Vince Guaraldi

You'll never find this list in Domino, and that makes me happy too.

2 comments:

Gye Greene said...

Good list!

Mine would include more Devo, and The Cars (e.g. "Magic" ("Summer//It turns me up-side-down...")).


--GG

Gye Greene said...

Since you mentioned "Chicken Pabyback" so often, I went and Googled it. Found the music video. http://www.musicremedy.com/a/A_Band_of_Bees/videos/Chicken_Payback-3262.html

Turns out I've seen it!!! Late-night music videos, a few years ago.

Yeah, not a bad song. Although Devo **is** better... :)


--GG