Thursday, November 15, 2007

Late Night Horror Show

Phew.

Our house has been going back and forth between Santa's Workshop and House of Sick.

Last night, the thing Kev and I have been dreading since Day One happened: Daphne threw up. Everywhere. She started crying at about 11:00, so I got out of bed to check on her, and when I opened her door, I smelled the worst smell I have ever smelled in the history of smelling. I won't tell you what happened when I reached down to try to calm her down, but it was truly like a scene from a horror movie. To make a long gross story short, we were all up very very late and now Daphne is doing much better. It was just awful though. I felt so helpless.

The only teeny tiny good thing that happened was that somewhere around 3:00am, we heard the owl again.

When I haven't been sick or taking care of sick family members, I have been furiously preparing for Christmas. I want to get as much as possible done before we go to NY for Thanksgiving next week, because when we get back, Christmas is going to be very very close to happening. And I'm not even close to ready.

So, blogging may be rare over the next few weeks, but I will check in when I can. Hope you are all well. I am working on trying to come up with a contest for the New Year, so I'll let you know when I get it worked out.

Off to do more laundry now.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Awww- i am so sorry for Daphne! That is no fun- I can't believe you have never had that before now! I hope she feels better soon!!

Gye Greene said...

I second Julie's query. Daphne's **never** barfed before???

I tell ya -- it's better now, but since The Girl was about 9mo old, if she cried hard enough, she'd start coughing. And the coughing would make her puke.

Plus, various flu-type things.

I've had barf on my shoulder before, and on my lap (toddler-barf, not the relatively innocuous "infant barf").

Daph must have a **very** robust system to not have done that yet!


Regarding Christmas prepaprations: this year we're largely letting it slide. Largely because The Lady will likely be giving birth right about then, so she'll be ''otherwise occupied''. :)


--GG