Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Keep on the Sunny Side



Today, since we are on winter break from Daphne's music class, I had a couple of kids from the class (and their mommies) over for a small playdate. I decided to try a new recipe for a German Apple Pancake I found here so that I could use my cool apple peeler/corer/slicer. It turned out pretty good, although I didn't get quite the puffing action I was hoping for. That might be because my oven light only works when it wants to, which was not today, so I had to keep opening the oven door, which probably caused the pancake to deflate.


Here it is, right out of the oven.



Then, I flipped it onto a plate and sprinkled it with some powdered sugar. Not quite as good as apple pie, but very fast and easy to make.




This morning, I had to go get apples at the grocery store, so I picked up some orange gerbera daisies. I am going to go sit in my chair and knit now, or maybe read (What is the What) while the Peanut is napping. I feel something resembling happy for the first time in several days.

5 comments:

Providence Handmade said...

Oooh, I saw that recipe too - it looks wonderful. I just might have to try it!

fooiemcgoo said...

dope.

looks like that peeler takes an awful lot of the apple away.

you use the same kind of soap that my wife insists on using. they have you guys pegged.

Tara said...

Yeah, I need to adjust the tension on my apple gadget, but it's still great. And fun to use!

That soap is great, too, and it lasts forever.

Julie said...

Yea!!! glad your on the upswing!

Gye Greene said...

The Tara Chair[a].

What ever happened to the turtle stool? Did the blue chair supplant it?

--GG