Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Who Cooks for You?

So, we haven't heard from Octavio the Eastern Screech Owl since a couple of nights after we saw him in our oak tree. I suppose when the weather turned cold, he left for warmer parts. However, to ring in the new year properly, tonight we heard this sound outside our window. If you don't know, it is the easily identifiable "who cooks for you" call of the Barred Owl!

I go 39 years with no owls, and I'll be danged if I don't hear two different ones in less than two months time. This one we only heard once, so he may have been doing a quick fly-by rather than staying around a while like Octavio. But if I hear him again, the search is on for a second sighting. I'm naming this one Bender the Barred Owl, because we were watching Futurama when we heard him.

Yay!

1 comment:

Gye Greene said...

That's one of the greater blog titles I've seen. :)

Re: Owls. You must be hitting the peak of your life: great little kid; and surrounded by owls. (Oh -- and that husband guy seems nice, too.)


--GG