Wednesday, March 17, 2010

New Favorite Side

Last night, I made this Garlic and Goat Cheese Gratin and it is my new favorite side dish. Of course, how could you go wrong with goat cheese and garlic? I pretty much stuck to the recipe, but I only had 4 oz of goat cheese, so I reduced the milk and cream a little and baked it in an 8 x 8. Also, after reading the reviews on Epicurious, I added more garlic. I used two russet potatoes because Wegman's didn't have any Yukon Golds (!?), and I baked it for about an hour and a half (I covered it with foil at about 1 hr 15 min so the top wouldn't burn). I suppose if you don't like goat cheese, you could use cheddar or something else. But it wouldn't be the same.

Daphne wouldn't eat it, but Kev and I both had seconds. There is only a small corner of it left. Not sure how it will taste left-over though. It was SO good, and really easy.

Today, about half of Daphne's class is coming over to play outside. Should be fun. The weather is suddenly beautiful. Daphne is running around with no pants on at the moment, though, and I hear banging noises coming from her room, so I'd better go supervise.

Let me know if you make the potatoes. YUM!

1 comment:

Gye Greene said...

Looks good!

Potatoes is dang versatile! (Garlic is a bonus.)


--GG