Monday, March 07, 2005

A Case of the Mondays

I watched Office Space again last night. So funny. And according to Kev, not really that far from the truth. Sometimes, I wonder if I would be happier if I could just sit in a cublicle all day generating TPS reports. A nice mindless task. If I had a cubicle, I would decorate it with cool stuff. Probably a Tibetan-style cubicle...lots of orange, maybe some shiny pillows. Are candles allowed in cubicles? Or maybe I'd go Asian. A Feng Shui cublicle. Lot's of light green and bamboo. Hmm...

I am blogging at work, which is risky as it usually causes my computer to shut down. But I was supposed to be having an evaluation now, and it had to re-sched because the kid is sick, and I have a conference soon that I am nervous about so I am blogging to keep from nervousing.

Question: What has become of Blogalicious? Gone to horseheadfairyland, I suppose.

On behalf of Kev: Ultra-Pointy-Toed shoes are bad.

What I learned on the weekend: Sometimes even pancakes can't make one happy. Gardening requires using muscles different from those used in every-day life. There are ladies out there who consider themselves part of the amateur "pie circuit." They have names like Phillis and Nadine. Kev likes lemon meringue pie. I never knew that.

Bird talk: Migration is nigh upon us!

Band talk: The Blue Christmas song has taken a Hawaiian turn. Should be fun to record.

Well, enough stalling. Better go prepare myself for this conference. Happy Monday.

4 comments:

john clarke said...

Please refrain from cube envy. I'm sitting in one right now and it sucks. I had my own office for 5 years and going back to a cube (the company saved some money somehow) is like going from a house back to an apartment.

Gardening is fun. I pruned rose bushes this weekend and fertilized the yard. Fifteen years ago, there's no way I would have enjoyed either of those tasks.

Tara of the Sierra Club is having some effect on me. Over the weekend, while gardening, I noticed a woodpecker, cardinal and robin redbreast afoot in my yard. All were a pleasant change from the spare sparrows and mockingbirds I usually always see.

Are you a fan of the great Trashcan Sinatras? They are playing next Wednesday at the Gypsy Tea Room --- the 16th. I saw them a few months ago and their performance was beyond genius. I will be there again.

K. said...

Burning candles or incense is strictly verboten in cubicle-land.

One of the few amusing features of life in a cube is that every now and then someone pops their head up, making the office look like a giant game of Whack-A-Mole.

The Trashcan Sinatras have a good sound, I'd be up for it. Although Deep Ellum is outside your comfort zone, and you will probably be zonked out from seeing Elvis Costello the night before.

Tara said...

It makes me so very happy to know that John is enjoying some birds! The robin is not usually a big player around these parts, but this year there have been lots of them. I recommend putting up a feeder if you don't have one already. That will attract lots more than sparrows. Like right now there is a little red house finch in my front yard.

Gardening IS fun, but I am sore today from it.

I like whack-a-mole.

I don't know if I have ever heard Trashcan Sinatras. I am a little out of touch with today's sounds. Kev is right, I am going to see Elvis Costello on Tuesday night, and spending all day Wednesday at an Asperger's Syndrome seminar. But perhaps I will go check them out. After all, "beyond genius" is hard to pass up.

Robert_M said...

'today's sounds' LOL