Friday, March 25, 2005

Javier Returns!

As I type, Kev is outside painting our front porch. He has been working on it all day. I looked out the window at him a minute ago, and guess who else I saw! Javier! This is good and bad. I am so glad to know he is OK, but feel terrible about having to tell him we no longer need him to do our lawn. Kev, who pretends to be all tough usually, must have felt bad too, because he told Javier he could do some edging for us since we don't have an edger. Anyway, the funny thing about all of this is that half-way through Kev and Javier's conversation, Kev comes in the house and starts going through the CD holders in the living room. I said,"What's going on," and Kev said, "Javier wants one of our CDs." Weird, huh? Apparently, Javier noticed our guitars and started telling Kev how he plays guitar too, and bass, durms, keyboards, and vocals! So I think Javier might end up coming over sometime to jam with the house pants band. I wonder if Kev told him he needed housepants. Speaking of the band, we got a fan-mail! Here is what it said:


Hello K and T,

Welcome to the Freedom Exchange. I have to tell you, I just listened to three of your songs. (the ones you pointed out which had vocals) "Song For Poncho" had me almost in tears... and laughing at the same time. Great, great song, with wonderful vocals and really good musicianship. I think you folks are doing amazing things. Your music, and obvious talent, stands out in all these songs. Kudos all the way around. I've bookmarked you site, to go back and listen more. Most of all it sounds like you're having a great time doing it. That's what music should be about! Good job. I encourage anyone on the FE to go give a listen to the "Palo Pinto House Pants House Band"!!!

The freedom exchange is a website where Kev put our songs to get help with recording advice from home recording geeks. Kinda like the great Nowhere Radio. So, pretty good review, huh? I must make sure Julie and Rob see it.

It has been a rough and busy week for me at work, and I am happy the weekend is here at last. I think we are going to plan a trip to stay in the woods in a cabin by a lake with a canoe as soon as possible. This is a good cheap relaxing type of vacation. Just what I need. My silver hairs are multiplying exponentially (that spelling doesn't look right) lately, and I have noticed an increasing need to lie down flat on the floor (a big sign of Tara stress). Hopefully, all this stress will pay off with many new clients, leading to mo' money, leading to an Alaskan adventure or a new hybrid car.

Political update: Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison has not yet responded to my letter, fax, call, or email. Kev is worried that the FBI has started a file on us.

Have a very happy Easter, if you celebrate it. Don't eat peeps...they are bad for you.





3 comments:

K. said...

Javier: lawn guy, tamale maker, bass player...what can't he do?

I do have a modicum of built about buying the mower, but financially it was the right choice. So if anybody out there in the D/FW metroplex needs a lawn man, or if your tamale supplies are running perilously low, let us know and we'll hook you up.

Tara said...

I reckon "K" meant modicum of GUILT, not BUILT.

Robert_M said...

Tis a pity one cannot edit one's own comments..as I am the king of typos which can only be seen after I hit plublish.

Maybe the FBI has an undercover agent posing as a music fan trying to infiltrate your gang.