Thursday, March 03, 2005

Blah Blah Blog

Greetings. A week has gone by since my last blog, and it seems like only a day. I am actually really busy at work, which I am not used to. Don't get me wrong, it's good that things are picking up. It's just a lot of extra paperwork and prep-time, and I was used to just sort of coasting thru each day. Anyway, things will settle down again soon, and I will be able to turn off the constant thoughts of autism and stuttering and so forth that are constantly going through my head lately. And I can get back to thinking about birds and Alaska and other pleasant things.

Note to Sirius radio programmers: "Bring on the Dancing Horses" is not Echo and the Bunnymen's only song.

Skunk smell update: Albert is smelling good these days. When I got to may parents' house this morning, he greeted me with such genuine excitement and enthusiasm that I almost cried. Albert is good.

PPHPHB update: If you want to hear our latest effort, you can check it out on Nowhereradio.com. It is called three piece suite (part III), and features Kev's new accordian. I play cello, which you probably won't notice, and violin (pizz.). Everything else is Kev. I like the song. It reminds me of some kind of Audrey Hepburn movie theme. Our next project involves Kev's dad, who is coming to town next week. We think we are going to have him sing Blue Christmas. We are probably gonna need the help of our previous guest vocalists for some back-up, but the arrangement is still in the works. Thanks for continuing to support the PPHPHB!

Bird update: The grackles and cowbirds are in charge. Tip: Grackles don't care much for safflower seed, but it is a little pricier than the sunflower mix. Last night I had a dream about some big puffy blue birds. I wish they were real. They were cool.

Oscar talk: The show was very boring, Chris Rock was mediocre, sweaty Antonio Banderas was HORRIBLE, and Beyonce didn't need to be marched out there three times. Best part was Yoyo-Ma, and that Morgan Freeman and Jamie Foxx were winners. I recommend documentary nominee "The Story of the Weeping Camel" to people who like good movies, because it is good.

I am looking forward to the weekend. Maybe, just maybe, there will be pancakes.

1 comment:

K. said...

Yeah! Finally some new blog action.

If you run out of topics, I think readers of the LRHS would like to know about your wayward grey hairs that misbehave and stick up like antennae.

There is a red-wing blackbird amongst the brown-headed cowbirds.

Is there ever a weekend you don't pine for one of the Holy Trinity of breakfast foods?

In the name of the Pancakes, and the Waffles, and the French Toast. Amen.

-K.