Monday, March 14, 2005

Quiet Time

Back at work after a big weekend. Kev's parents head back to NY tomorrow. I hope they have had fun. We have done a lot...Arboretum, Fort Worth Zoo, shopping, eating, recording. I am having some quiet time right now. I have a break right now between clients, and I just wanted to report that at 3:15 I left the building to do an errand, and there was the smokey lady. Got back at 3:55, and guess what. Smokey lady. I also saw one of the Kestrels in the parking lot. It had some kind of prey, and did not like it when I got too close, so it flew away.

Props to the Fort Worth Zoo. I got to commune with birds. I will post a picture or two later. Still, I have mixed feelings about zoos, and wanted to set the animals free. The gorillas seemed particularly depressed. I won't tell you what one of them picked up off the ground and started to eat.

I will be going off food for a while after Kev's parents leave. Popcorn and ice cream have been big players this weekend.

Kev's dad recorded the vocals to Blue Christmas for us. He did a regular Floyd version, and one where he "Elvis-ed it up." I reckon we'll put it on Nowhere radio as soon as Mixmaster K is through with it.

Special note to John: Kev bought a mower. Our yard looks nice now.

A very very special shout out to any LRHS readers on Long Island and their good boxer dog. Come to Texas. We will give you all the biscuits and gravy and barbecue you want.

Tomorrow night is the Elvis Costello show. I am very excited. The problem is that my brother never received the tickets in the mail, so we don't know what's gonna happen when we get there.

We took Kev's mom and dad to Uncle Calvin's to see Lowen and Navarro. Their music is very singer-songwritery, and about 2/3 of their songs were about rain. I'm not exaggerating. The best thing about Uncle Calvin's is coffee and pie.

I hope everyone had a good weekend and took advantage of spring weather. Too bad it won't last. Go Mavs.

No comments: