Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Wednesday Night is Activism Night

After work I am going to another Sierra Club meeting. This one is all about renewable energy. We have been considering changing over to Green Mountain energy at our house, and I am hoping tonight's meeting will give me some insight so we can make an informed decision. I am really tired though, and I have had a non-stop headache since I woke up this morning, so I hope I can pay attention.

Bird of the Day: Most of the birds that hang out on the wires near my office building are pigeons, however there is also a pair of American Kestrels that must be nesting around here. I saw them today in the parking lot. American Kestrels are COOL. They are very small birds of prey with interesting markings. Very pretty birds. I will try to post a picture from home later.

Here is something that bothers me, and since I am lately very irritable, it has been bothering me even more. It is when people say the word "is" twice in a row, for example, "The thing is is that..." That can't be grammatically correct, can it? If it is, somebody please set me straight. Otherwise, people need to stop saying it. I also hate the words "dollop" and "unfurl." I am shuddering now at the thought of those horrible words. A fun word to say is "bedraggled." My friend Bryce hates the word "compote." It is fun to say that word around him. My other friend Ken is freaked out completely if you put your mouth on an empty paper towel roll tube and blow like a horn, or even just talk through it. He runs screaming from the room. Today when I woke up with a headache, I told Kev that my Kryptonite is dust (which is what I think caused the headache), but he said I already have too many Kryptonites and I can't have any more.

No comments: