Friday, March 18, 2005

The Melodica: Portable and Fun!

Here is what www.melodicas.com has to say about melodicas:

Melodica is the name given to a wind instrument created by the German company Hohner in the late 1950’s. Variations of this keyboard have since been manufactured by numerous companies in different regions of the world, each giving the instrument a different name i.e. pocket piano, blow accordion, melodeon, diamonica, melodyhorn, wind piano, keyboard harmonica, pianica, cassotto, etc- enough to give this little instrument a massive identity crisis requiring an orchestra of therapists. This sites mission is to educate, sell & promote unusual keyboard instruments.

So thanks to Larry Feathers for the info. It is possible that the melodica is the instrument for me. I wish I could rent one for a couple days to try it out. I think it would add a lot to the PPHPHB sound. Kev says it's just another one of my phases.

Right now I am listening to the latest Elvis Costello CD. It is great. I forgot to tell you one more cool thing about the show. See, he had to be finished by 11:00pm. So instead of leaving and coming back for encores, which is silly if you think about it, he just played straight through, allowing time for at least two more songs during time that would have been wasted with the whole "if you clap and yell loud enough, I just might come back and do "Alison" " game. I hope this is a trend that will catch on.

I am about to meet one of my kids and his family for an afternoon of bowling to work on his social skills. Remind me not to complain about my job.

No comments: