Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Important! Action Alert!

Hello to all of you who like reading the LRHS. I would like to ask you to do me a giant favor. Please take 5 minutes to call 1-888-894-5325, and enter your zip code, so a fax will be sent to your US Senator asking them to oppose drilling in the Artic Refuge in Alaska. If drilling occurs, it will destroy a lot of pristine land, and endanger a lot of wildlife. The President and his administration claim drilling will reduce dependency on foreign oil, however the US Geological Survey has reported that there is only 6 months to a year's worth of oil in that region anyway. I am sorry that I am not very good at conveying how critical it is that no drilling occurs. I am bad at politics. But this is REALLY REALLY important to me, so I hope you will all make the quick call. At the end of the call, if you want to make an even stronger point, they will connect you to your senator's office so you can tell them yourself. You don't have to do this part, you can just hang up after the fax is sent. I was kind of nervous about talking to a senator, but I did it anyway, and only had to talk to the receptionist. All you have to say is,"I am calling to urge the Senator to oppose drilling in the Arctic Wildlife Refuge." But again, even if you just send the fax, that will be awesome. Please do this. It only takes a couple minutes. Thank you thank you thank you from me and the birds, polar bears, caribou, and other critters. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!! Please do it ASAP...the vote is this week! Thanks!

2 comments:

Robert_M said...

Okay I did it, no when will I receive my Applebees gift card?

Tara said...

You rule.