Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Wednesday Do-Over

Yesterday I typed a whole blog, and then it wouldn't let me publish so I got mad. I hope this works today. It sure is a nice day, so when I finish I think I will sit on my porch with the nice freshly painted floor and drink my coffee before I have to go to work. Kev has gone to help some Habitat for Humanity people build a porch. I am fully in favor, as Jimmy Carter is a big player in that organization. I told Kev to see if he could find out how wimpy girls like me could help.

Here are some fun facts:

  • There are enough Lego on the planet for every person to have 30 pieces.
  • Ukulele is the Hawaiian word for "jumping flea." (In yesterday's failed blog, I told the whole story of the uke, featuring Portuguese sailors and songs of thanksgiving and Hawaiian kings. Too bad it wouldn't publish).
  • Songbirds like the wood thrush have two voice boxes, so they can sing two different songs at once.
  • If you square any odd number except one, and then subtract one, you will always get a number that is divisible by eight. Example: 7 x 7 = 49, 49-1=48, 48 is divisible by 8. Try it!

It is migration time, so if you pay attention you might see some interesting birds passing through your neighborhood. Audubon society is sponsoring a whole month of nature activities for Dallas area people. For a calendar of these activities, go to www.destinature.org. A lot of them look really fun, and would be extra good if you have kids.

Hey, how does everybody think the Rangers are gonna do this year?

Enjoy the sun today. Here goes my attempt to publish...

1 comment:

Robert_M said...

I always copy the whole entry, so if Blogger acts a fool I get a second chance.

Rangers will fail