Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Fun with Sewing

So, the other day, Kev told me I should make something for the baby. I was going to crochet something, but my crochet skills are pretty limited. Then, I was going to go to the cool MAKE store from previous blogs, because I saw they had classes on to make crib sets, but now they don't have those classes anymore, so I am going to take a screen-printing class, but that's another story. Anyway, today, I went to the fabric store to look for something to make for the baby, and I found this inexpensive and easy pattern for a little shirt-dress and jeans combo. I bought enough fabric to make 4 shirts (one for 9 months and three for 12 months), and two jeans (one for 9 months and one for 12 months). For the shirts, I got two groovy floral 60s-looking prints, one print with little duckies, and one with a sort of western paisley print. I am so excited. I wanted a monkey print, but I couldn't find one.

I also saw lots of patterns for baby-room accessories, so after we figure out our decor, I may go back and get one of those.

I hope I don't have any sewing disasters. Last night, I almost had a cooking disaster. I made some beef and barley soup, which was pretty tasty. The left-overs were designated for tonight's pot-pies, but as I was pouring the soup from the pot to the tupperware container, the handle slipped and I dropped the pot. There was soup all over the floor, and we were expecting company in 10 minutes. Luckily, I caught the pot and saved most of the soup, and Kev was there to clean up the floor. But it could have been bad. I typically don't handle cooking disasters very well.

I went to the prenatal yoga class at the hospital fitness center the other night. It was so great. I felt like a noodle after it was over. I wish I could go every day.

That's about it. Sorry this blog is boring and mommy-intensive. Next time, maybe I will blog about the completely naked man who ran down the street one day.

3 comments:

Gye Greene said...

Sewing pattern: ''Cute little girl not included.''

No, no -- a worthy blog. :)

Now I'm curious about the Naked Running Man. A regular occurence, or just a one-off?

--GG

goostermon said...

I am very interested in the beef-barley soup to pot pie thing. See, I make a real good chicken pot pie, but my one attempt at converting the recipe to beef was a dismal failure.

On a lighter note, I remember a time back when we lived on "Lily Lane Street" (as B. called it when he was real little) when a whole pot of chili (did I mention that chili is red?) got spilled by someone who will remain nameless (thatwomaninnewalbany) and it ended up on the walls, ceiling, carpet, etc. FUN!

Gye Greene said...

I am pleased you did not scald yourself in your attempt to catch the pot of soup.

The Lady enjoys yoga, and had said that she should have done it during her preganancy.

Regarding GG's comment, ''Naked Running Man'' would be a good song title. We actually have a song called ''There's a Man in My Living Room'' (IIRC) on a related topic. :)

--TG

P.S. The word verification (below) which I had to enter implies fun with speeding: M.P.H. Whee!!!