Sunday, January 29, 2006

Weekend Update

  1. Tula, my adopted penguin, has hatched two chicks. So far, all is well. Right now, they are very small and fragile, but soon, the good Dr. Mike Bingham will take photos of the chicks to send to me. So, congratulations to Tula. I am very happy for her. Baby penguin photos will be posted immediately when I get them.
  2. I purchased tickets to see the great Van Morrison on March 6. My friend john_clarke is going with me. We don't have very good seats, but we will be there. I never thought I'd get the chance to see him, so I am really excited in spite of the concerns listed in the previous blog. I hope he will do at least one song from Astral Weeks.
  3. Next weekend I am going to Paris (TX) to see my friend Whitney and her kids. Whitney called today to tell me that Hattie, who is 3 1/2, asked her, "Who is that nice girl that always wears pajamas?" She meant me. It's true, I mostly wear pajamas. But usually only inside the house. It is required for the band.
  4. Fun fact: Rain falls at 7 MPH.

2 comments:

john clarke said...

Thanks for dialing for Van --- tickets.

goostermon said...

Well, my intention was to be "super (ex)Uncle and find you Van's current set list on the web, but alas, these people expect me to WORK. Sorry. I will tell you there is a resource that looked somewhat promising for info of interest at:
http://www.harbour.sfu.ca/~hayward/van/van.html

I bet you have a good time.