Monday, January 09, 2006

January

Yesterday when it was January 6, Kev and I went to White Rock lake to take a short walk and look at good birds like pelicans and cormorants and ducks and night herons. While we were there, I got HOT, and then we got ice cream from the ice cream man (Fudge-Banana Bomb Pop!). People were flying kites and racing their sailboats. Did I mention it was JANUARY?

I told Kev it must be good to be the ice cream man, because everywhere you go, happy people come running toward you, smiling and waving money. But Kev reminded me that if you are the ice cream man, you have to listen to the ice cream man theme song ALL DAY LONG. That would be a beating. I think maybe the ice cream man union should lobby for getting some new songs so they can have variety, and thus be happier and more productive.

1 comment:

tschy said...

maybe the ice cream man is wired with IPOD so he can listen to something a little more interesting day in and day out...if not, there may be a niche market for some kind of ice cream man specific product?
over the summer one day, the ice cream man came down our cul-de-sac. I ran out of the house like a 5 year old - with Justin in tow. he stopped at the drive way. we had kids running across the back yard from 1/2 mile away. i think he sold $30 of ice cream in our drive way.