Friday, August 03, 2007

Flasback Friday



Well, this is me at the kitchen table doing some arts and crafts. It seems I got an early start. Since we don't have our scanner hooked up right now, I had to take a picture of the picture and post that, hence the warp and glare. The back of the polaroid says I am 4 and 1/2, so I am guessing that this was taken around Christmas time in 1972 (also right around the time LarryFeathers was born!). I spent a lot of time at that table. I remember fingerpainting there, helping make cookies there, eating grilled cheese and tomato soup there, and stubbornly sitting there for hours because I wouldn't eat my vegetables. Good times, bad times. Anyway, if we ever move to another house, I would like to have an eat-in kitchen.

A couple of notes about this picture. First, notice the groovy curtains. I'd give anything to have those. So 70s, so orange. Also, notice the jar of paste on the table. Remember paste? It was the adhesive of choice for children back then. It came with its own built-in application wand (you can see it sticking up there in the jar). It never seemed to work very well, though, and your projects were always kinda lumpy. I remember the smell very well. I do NOT, however, remember the taste, like many of my kindergarten classmates probably do. I never ate the paste. Anyway, I don't even think they make it anymore. I haven't seen it in years.

So, there's Flashback Friday for you. Have a good weekend!

1 comment:

jacky said...

you were so cute! You started craft work very soon :)