Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The Great Snack Cake Debate



VS.



Every time I mention snack cakes, which is more often than you might think, Kev and I get into a debate about which kind of snack cake is better: Drake's or Hostess. I've never even heard of these Drake's Cakes. So after reading Kev's comment on today's Top Five Tuesday Bonus Top Three about snack cakes, I did some research and found out that they only sell Drake's in the Northeastern US, which is where Kev is from. AHA! We only had Hostess in Indiana when I was a kid. So anyway, I thought it was in the best interest of the readers of this blog that I do a blind comparison taste test to see if Ring Dings really are better than Ding Dongs. This presented a problem, since Texas is Hostess-only territory, however, as usual, the internet saved the day. With a quick click of the mouse, I have just ordered a box of Ring Dings, and expect them to arrive in a couple of days. In the meantime, I will go down to 7-11 and get a 2-pack of Ding Dongs in preperation for the great LRHS Labor Day Ring Ding Ding Dong Duel. Results will of course be posted here. Perhaps there will even be photos. Feel free to engage in a friendly wager with your friends.

(While we were at it, we ordered some Drake's Coffee Cakes, which Kev raves about. Can't wait to try those. Thank you, Internet).

1 comment:

Julie said...

I never had a drake but I do like Little Debbie Swiss rolls better than Hostess HoHos. :)