Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Post-Vacation Letdown



So, we've been home for a couple of days, and I am starting to feel normal again. Being on vacation is hard work. Especially with a toddler. But with all the extra hands around, I managed to get in some relaxing, and views like this made it all worth it. Not to mention the delightfully cool weather.

I took almost 500 pictures. Have you ever tried to sort through 500 pictures? This batch goes mostly like this: mountain, mountain, mountain, Peanut, mountain, mountain, Peanut, Peanut by a mountain, Peanut, mountain, etc. So, I am trying to pick some of my favorites, and post a few each day on flickr. If you're interested, you can check them out by clicking on the flickr badge at the left, and then going to my photostream and clicking on the Vacation 07 set. I think there are only 29 on there right now. Much better than 500.

Wyoming/Idaho/Montana is pretty amazing. Idaho is flat flat flat, and then mountain. It looks like Napolean Dynamite. You can see for miles. Every day you can see the sun rise and set, you can see millions of stars, you can see storms move across the sky. There are no mosquitos. It is rarely too hot to sit outside. And I haven't even mentioned the wildlife yet. More on that later.

Anyway, I usually have pretty severe post-vacation letdown after a trip like this, because I come back home and have nothing to look forward to. This time it's not so bad. I have lots of birthday gifts that I haven't got to play with yet and a new issue of Craft Magazine to peruse. I'm going to Indiana in October and New York in November, and then it will be Christmas. Whew! No time for letdown now. I'll have to wait until January.

OK, check in tomorrow for some kind of poll. Gotta go for now.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Tara
The pictures are great! Post them all!
Love,
Kathy

Gye Greene said...

Sounds like a good trip!

You need to give the Olympia-Seattle-Vancouver, B.C. strip a try. :) (When you cross the Cascades, going between Eastern & Western WA, you get more of the "above the clouds" experience.)


--GG