Friday, August 31, 2007

They're Here!


Today when I got home, there was a package on the table from the good people of Drake's Cakes. Inside, were the RingDings and Coffee Cakes we ordered, as well as a sample two-pack of what I think are called Yodels, and five decks of Lotto Cards, which are cards you can use to choose your lotto numbers. Please let me know if you would like a deck of these lotto cards, and I will send them to you. I don't think we need five. Anyway, now I just need to go get some DingDongs, and I'll be all set for the LRHS Labor Day Ring Ding Ding Dong Duel. I don't know about taste, but Drake's wins for logo...I love the baker's-hat wearing duck.

Kev was excited about the Coffee Cakes. We'll probably be eating one for breakfast tomorrow. A nice way to celebrate August being over.

It has been a little rough around here for the last few days. We are trying to get Daphne to drink milk from a cup, and she doesn't want to do it. I took away all her bottles, and she will sometimes drink milk from a cup if we let her use a straw. But mostly, she just wants juice. I don't see what the big deal is. Why do I have to take her bottle away? She loves her bottle. And it was about the only thing left that made me feel like she is at least sorta still a baby. I don't know if this is harder for me or for her. It makes me sad.

At least I still have babytalk. She calls strawberries "subby-subs" and it is the cutest dang thing I've ever heard. It will be a sad day when she learns to say strawberries the right way. Blogger has a new video uploading thing, so I am trying to upload a video of Daphne saying subby-sub. That way, I can watch it when I feel sad because I can't give her a bottle anymore. But this upload is taking forever. You can watch it too, if it ever finishes...



2 comments:

Gye Greene said...

Wow! Lookit all that hair! :)

And a tantalizing glimpse of the headstock of some stringed instrument, in the background. Hard to tell if it's a violin raised up on some sort of shelf or stand, or a very narrow 'cello...


--GG

fooiemcgoo said...

nice.
that video made my heart smile.
please post more.