Friday, March 26, 2010

No Longer Separated at Birth

BEFORE

AFTER
So, here is a really dorky picture I took of myself with the webcam yesterday so I could show you that I finally got a real haircut. It's been a LONG time coming. I am very lucky that one of my new friends and fellow pre-school Mommies, Jen, happens to be an awesome hair stylist, and she happened to have an opening yesterday so that I could get a much needed new look before my grandma's birthday party next week, where people are sure to be taking pictures. I no longer feel like Weird Al's long lost twin sister. Thank God. AND I slept so much better last night without all that mess on my head. Jen is awesome, and if you are local and need a new do, I highly recommend her. Plus, she understands unruly curly hair. Thank you, Jen.
I think Kevin even actually likes it in spite of the shocking amount of hair that is now gone. At least he said he does. Then again, I think he probably learned his lesson after last time I came home with short-ish hair, when his first comment was, "What happened?!?" (And no, Kev, I will probably never stop bringing that up.) He got in trouble for that one.
Anyway, this week has been all about re-invention, as I also got some new clothes for Spring. Not many, mind you, but a few little pieces. And not from Target, but from real stores at the mall. It is time for a total closet overhaul. Next week, when I am in Indiana, it continues with a visit to my favorite nail salon for a pedicure so my feet will be as happy as my head is.
I might even haul off and wear some make-up one of these days.
For now, though, I am going to fold some laundry and watch last night's Project Runway. It's Tim Time!
Just in case you thought that top picture was really me, it's not. I promise. It's Weird Al Yankovic. I would NEVER wear that shirt.

1 comment:

Gye Greene said...

Oh, to be Weird Al's long-lost brother... (and have his songwriting skills...). :)

Nice do! :)

--GG