Friday, March 26, 2010

TV Talk

A couple of quick things about TV. Because I watch it sometimes.

  1. I am excited about Jamie Oliver's new show, which starts tonight. Go Jamie! I recently found out that when Daphne goes to Kindergarten, she will have snacktime, during which there is the option to have chocolate milk EVERY DAY. Maybe I'm a mean mommy, but chocolate milk is a special treat in my house. Not a daily staple. I have great concerns about the food they serve in cafeterias at public schools. So, if this show calls attention to potato pearls and other such "foods," I am all for it. And I'll probably learn a thing or two about things I can do to change the way we eat at home too. All part of the re-invention. Yay!
  2. Project Runway: WHAT???!!! Anthony goes??!! I thought that horrible stiff 70s rainbow dress was finally going to mean the end of Mila. Anthony isn't my favorite designer, but he brought so much entertainment value to a pretty boring season. Sad. Official LRHS Bryant Park prediction: Maya, Emilio, and Seth Aaron.
  3. What is this "Glee" everyone's talking about? Is it worth watching?
  4. American Idol: Andrew Garcia has let me down. Siobhan is great but should probably go a week or two without the screaming. Crystal will win.
And this is not TV-related, but if you want to feel happy while you cook dinner or drive your car around town, listen to the new She and Him (you can listen to the whole thing for free if you follow the link). It is great. Very throwback.

2 comments:

Gye Greene said...

The Jamie Oliver t.v. thing sounds reminiscent of what he did in the UK: go around to school cafeterias and show them how without much more effort the kids can have more than tater tots and fish sticks.

A good series. :)


--GG

Anne Bentley said...

I was bummed that Anthony was auf'ed, too. If nothing else, he was the most entertaining of the lot. I guess we can vote for him as 'fan favorite'. I think Mila is OK but her rainbow column was hideous.

Major shock here when I saw what was for lunch in the pubic schools. Kids could eat mac & cheese with a side of spaghetti and Doritos, wash it all down with chocolate milk and have ice cream for dessert every day if they wanted from 1st grade on. And since they serve it a la carte in our ISD I would have the thrill of paying about $5/day for all of it. Gah!