Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Seven

 Day Seven was a good day.  Daphne got new PJs, and got to have a pajama party with Grandma.  They had spaghetti and watched A Charlie Brown Christmas.
 Meanwhile, Kev and I headed to Towson, MD to the Recher Theater to see the Old 97s.  We met up with Ken and some other friends and had Japanese food for dinner.  In the spirit of Day Seven, I tried some new things:  Saki, which I didn't like.  Miso soup, which I DID like.  And, since sushi (or any raw food) FREAKS ME OUT, I had chicken and vegetable tempura, which was very good.

We had a little time to hang out before the show, and it was SO good to see faces from home.  The show was great, and even if they weren't my friends, I would say that Old 97s put on some of the best live shows I've ever seen.  Really high energy.  It was a great night out, and I was sad to say goodbye.  The good news is, they'll be back in April, this time at the 9:30 club, which is much closer than Towson.

Ken got all the guys to sign this shirt for Daphne, which she loves.  She'll be able to wear it, maybe when she's seven or eight.  Old 97s will be "classic rock" by then, but that's OK.
The countdown continues...Bring on Day 8. 

1 comment:

Gye Greene said...

Miso is total "comfort food" for me. I buy a bag of the miso paste, then dump it into hot water and microwave it. Yum!

Sushi: Just to clarify: sushi is any of a number of rice-ball types of things (it's a generic term, like "sandwich"). "Raw fish" is sashimi. So, lots of "sushi" is just rice wrapped in seaweed, with cucumber, avocado, hard-boiled egg, etc. in the middle. :)

--GG