Saturday, December 18, 2010

Seventeen, or The Bag that Almost Wasn't

 Bag Number 17.  Oh, Lord.  Bag Number 17 was opened after a very long day of school (on a two hour delay), playing in the snow, and no nap.  So right before bag-opening time, we had a VERY tired Peanut on our hands who was unhappy with the pasta sauce that was on her spaghetti at dinner.  She fell apart, and we almost skipped Bag Time.  But, she managed to pull herself together enough to go to Cocoa with Santa, where she got to drink hot chocolate, do crafts, and visit with Santa.   She told him she wants an apple in her stocking.  I reckon he can handle that. 

You can see in the picture below that by the time the event was over, Daphne was a complete crazy mess, but she had a great time, and was so excited to talk to Santa, so I'm glad she got to go.
I don't even want to know what I looked like at that point.

3 comments:

Anne Bentley said...

My bet is the pasta sauce contained (brace yourself)...CHUNKY TOMATOES!

Tara said...

Anne. Please. I wouldn't serve such a thing. It was actually sauce from a jar that I added cream to and put in the blender for a spin. What a disaster.

Gye Greene said...

Santa photo: Looks a lot like her mom in that one.

I reckon: If you ever visit Australia, they say "reckon" instead of "figure." (e.g., "You reckon it's the carburetor?" "Yeah, I reckon.") So you'll feel right at home.

Lots of backyard BBQ, too, if that's a TX "thing". Though, no BBQ sauce.

--GG