Thursday, February 24, 2005

Waiting for the Laundry to Dry

Sounds like a new hit for Travis Tritt, doesn't it? But that's what I'm doing on this rainy Thursday morning. Looked at birds for a while...lots of woodpeckers out back, and lots of finches in the front. The birds seems a little on edge...very fiesty and territorial lately.
While I was enjoying my morning coffee, I opened up the blue ValPak envelope from yesterday's mail to see if there were any good coupons. Just the usual...Empire Dry Cleaner, Nuevo Leon, Tree Doctor, etc., and then...AAARGHHH! A coupon for "Lakewood's Friendliest Dentist...Dr. Todd Calvin." On the coupon, it actually says," He loves children and they love him." Gross. I'll bet ValPak is gonna get some phone calls for this faux pas.

The PPHPHB has been hard at work lately. Poor Kev, having to deal with me as his only other band member. I have limited patience for doing take after take, and I am easily discouraged by the fact that I can't play my instruments very well. My abilities unfortunately don't match his vision for the way the songs are supposed to sound. But, in spite of that, the latest song is sounding pretty good.

I want to say that everyone should try watching Scientific American Frontiers on Wednesday nights on PBS. Last night, Alan Alda took us all around to learn about hydrogen as an energy source. It was very interesting and exciting. People should really pay more attention to the scientists of the world.

I got to see American Idol last night. I am going on the record and saying I like American Idol. It isn't great TV, but it's good to get a break from war and disater and murder and stuff. I think at this early stage, I like the Moon River guy. But I haven't really seen much of the performance part of the show. That Ryan Seacrest, as Kev put it, is "a soul-less bastard in a yellow suit." I think that dude who got kicked off last got a bad deal. It was just mean they way they did it. That kind of manufactured drama isn't going to boost ratings.

Laundry is done, and I need to start getting ready to go to work. Still waiting for those get rich ideas...

2 comments:

Robert_M said...

I hate the way Seacrest plays with their emotions. But the kids are alright, and Celina Rae is such a cutie.

Robert_M said...

Please consider bloggin more