Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Here it Comes...

Here is the picture they show on the news before weather updates. It is accompanied by dramatic music. Now, I'll give you that it's really cold and it is going to sleet, but come on. The reason we have to make such a big deal out of this is that Texas is completely unprepared for temperatures below 40, and so any winter weather is huge. It's the same every year. "Tonight at 10, we'll tell YOU how to prepare for the WINTER BLAST." Then they show some people in Wal Mart buying a hat and some duraflame logs. "And don't forget the 3 P's: Pets, pipes, and plants!" Or something like that. Then they post newscasters all over town who report, "Yep, it's cold." "I think I saw a flurry." "I just saw an SUV do a 360 here on the overpass. Back to you, Chuck." It's kinda funny. Then again, I cancelled my afternoon clients, so who am I to say anything. Be careful out there.

3 comments:

goostermon said...

I've been out of your loop for quite a while, T. Exactly what kind of clients are you canceling?

BTW, I've been listening to PPHPHB all afternoon - however I haven't made it to Sock Monkey Man yet, so that wasn't me. I really love the band. And, I might say, it takes some vision to invest in a vibra-slap .... an instrument that is similar to a very strong spice in food. Used correctly, it is wonderful. Too much and it ruins everything. Yours is wonderful. I am all in there with PPHPHB. Would like to beg the opportunity to set in sometime.

By the way, do you take requests? I'd love to hear your take on a song titled I Love Apples. For the record (so to speak), the apples I love are Red Delicious. If this doesn't pique your creative interest, I will understand. I'll be crushed, but I'll understand.

Tara said...

G-man,

I am really glad you like the band. We'll be sending you some CDs in the near future. I love the vibra-slap. I got it for Kev last Christmas because it was cheap and easy to play. You are totally welcome to sit in sometime! We love having special guests. You will have to come to Texas, and make sure to bring your housepants. You could probably give us some good tips on setting up the mic for drum recording and whatnot.

Is there already an apple song? Or did you want us to make one up? I'm sure we could do that. I like gala, myself.

Oh yeah, and I am a Speech Pathologist, so I cancelled my speech therapy kids yesterday during the Winter Blast.

Talk to you soon!

goostermon said...

No, there isn't an existing apple song ... at the time, I was listening to your music and it just seemed to fit .... at THIS particular moment, I'm not so sure. However, it would be a totally original song for the PPHPHB, if the title inspires you.

Your music has a spirit of calmness and happiness that is really great. I read lots of things into that, but primarily that you, Kev and the marriage you have are all pretty cool. And baby makes four. Carry on! The world is in sore need of your vibe!!