Friday, September 01, 2006

Girl Meets Dog











Yesterday I took the Peanut to the Land of Gar. She has been there many times, and has been around Albert the Good Dog a lot, but yesterday was the first time she really paid attention to him. She watched him with a look on her face like she was really trying to figure him out. I was scared of dogs when I was little, so my goal is to make sure Daphne is NOT. I want her to get used to Albert (and for Albert to get used to her - he is a little jealous) as soon as possible. Especially since when we go up to New York for Christmas, there are going to be four dogs for her to get to know.

Albert was nice to her yesterday. He gets upset when she cries though. And when he isn't getting enough attention, he tries to eat his stuffed squirrel. Poor Albert. He's not the baby anymore, but we all still love him just as much as ever.

2 comments:

Julie said...

I am so glad she liked Albert- and vise versa- Pets are important people in our lives! I will say that the pics didn't look like Daphne at first. she is growing so fast!!!

Gye Greene said...

In my (somewhat limited) experience -- all the nice dogs get a little worried when babies cry. They run and fetch the parents/grown-ups.

So, a good sign re: compatibility.


--GG