Tuesday, September 05, 2006

One Quarter

















Birthday Girl - Sound asleep (still!) at 7:30 AM

Today is Daphne's One Quarter Birthday. It is hard to believe she is three months old. During these three months, she has accomplished a lot. She has doubled in weight, grown 5 or 6 inches, learned to roll both ways, learned to use her hands and squeal and make lots of interesting sounds, and slept all night 4 times (including last night!). In fact last night, she put herself to sleep for the first time. No big 45 minute production of rocking and rocking and delicate maneuvering into the crib whilst holding my breath and praying not to step on a creaky floor board only to have her wake up after 30 seconds because she needed that one last good burp. Aaaahhh. This time, I just read her a story, rocked her until she was sleepy, said goodnight, and put her to bed. Fifteen minutes later, she was fast asleep. No crying, even! As much as I am annoyed by the thumb-sucking, that is what helped her go to sleep on her own. Thank you, thumb!

Also, the hair is still red and the eyes are still blue. I love my good little baby. Happy Birthday, Peanut!

3 comments:

Julie said...

What a cutie- I am very excited about Saturday night!!! I hope she is ready to play! I can't wait!

fooiemcgoo said...

little daphne sure is cute. the red hair is nice. kinda like daphne from scooby-doo. have you put that together yet?

I remember those days like they were just 7 months ago.

At that age I used to put our babe in her car seat/basket thing (the thing with the handle) and swing the crap out of her. man, she loved it and went to sleep pretty well. i developed somekind of tendintous. seriously. it hurt!

I don't know if that helps. I do remember that age being diffcult to get to sleep. luckly, it gets much better!

my best advice I could ever give is to rent "happiest baby on the block" DVD. the tecnique shown in that DVD was a real lifesaver. however, i think 3 months might be alittle late in the game for it.

tschy said...

My advice would be to break the lenghty going to bed routine as soon as you can. And make sure she learns to go to sleep on her own. Allison goes to bed every night on her own. We have a short routine, but she is always awake when we leave the room. On the other hand, Justin is the exact opposite, we have to lay with him until he (and usually us) falls asleep. This leads to mommy and daddy going to bed way, way to early quite often.