Sunday, September 24, 2006

Yoga Troubles and Pumpkin Bread


I just finished eating a slice of warm delicious pumpkin bread. (Kev took a slice off the end before I could take the picture). I finally made some this afternoon after all that talk about it last week. I just didn't have time last week, and then Friday it was 98 degrees and I couldn't get into the spirit of pumpkin bread, but today it was cool and fall-like, so I made some. I want some more, and may justify having another slice by claiming I'm only in it for the Vitamin A.

So, Friday when it was 98 degrees, I went to the second yoga class, the one at the wellness spa. And now I have a dilemma. Here's the thing. It was a really good class, meaning it was really difficult and I got a great workout. The teacher was good, and I didn't get pressed on at all. And it wasn't hokey. Well, ok, there was a gong in the studio, but nobody gong-ed it...it was just decoration. But the problem is that it is in the wellness spa, and I don't really fit in at such places. So I spent the whole time feeling kinda dorky and self-consious. And to top it all off, at the end of the class, we had to wait for our cars at the valet stand (yes, you have to valet park your car at the wellness spa), and after the valet brought a brand new BMW to the first lady, and a brand new Mercedes to the second lady, he came rolling up in my 98 Buick with the big dented door and the missing hub cap. High Class! So, now I'm not sure what to do. The yoga at wellness spa is definitely more physically beneficial, but the other yoga where the friendly people liked my shoes is more mentally beneficial. So I have to figure out what I really need most from my limited me-time.

I think I am gonna end up going with the wellness spa yoga. I don't really care too much about the snooty ladies with the fancy cars. I may drive a beat up Buick, but I also have a good baby and a nice husband (who by the way made me beef stew today) and a nice house and a lot of nice friends and family. And who really needs a Mercedes when you've got all that? Plus delicious warm Vitamin A-filled pumpkin bread. That's it, I'm going for another slice...

3 comments:

Julie said...

I say - just enjoy the class and forget about the valet issue- I also dare you to hit the gong!!

Tara said...

It is definitely too big to steal, but I'd be willing to hit it on a dare. How much will you give me?

I hope the gong isn't there to gong the people who suck at yoga or drive Buicks. I've already been "boo-ed" twice in my life. I don't think I could take a gonging.

whitneydonkey said...

I would go where you like the workout the best.

Get it on, bang the gong, get it on!