Thursday, September 14, 2006

Trek Moves

So, channel G4 (whatever that is) always has these Star Trek marathons on Saturday mornings, and I have been recording them (for Kev, of course). Since there is almost never anything worth watching at 8:00pm (when we finally eat dinner after putting the Peanut to bed), we've recently been watching an episode each night while we eat. I think I am starting to get the hang of Star Trek, although I still get in trouble for laughing at it from time to time. Anyway, last night Kev and I almost got into an argument because of the Vulcan Death Grip. Kev thinks it's a cool move, but I think it's really corny. Not as corny as Captain Kirk's signature karate-chop (never fails!), but corny nonetheless. It reminds me of a WWF move, like the People's Elbow, or whatever it was called when Mankind got out his sock puppet. I'm sure there are some Trekkies out there who would like to have my head for such Spock blasphemy. Oh well. Anyway, I don't mind watching Star Trek. Mr. Scott's pretty cool.

On a somewhat related note, we watched The Sting the other night (it happened to be on at 8:00pm). Now, THAT is some greatness.

3 comments:

marty said...

K. would probably not approve of this, but it is a bit of humor on the whole Trek world put to music. If you like this one there are more on the bottom right.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0EE96qK22o&mode=related&search=

Tara said...

Heeheehee...

By the way, kev's not really a trekkie. And I wasn't trying to imply that he is more of a nerd than me. Everyone knows I love Mr. Rogers and I am a birdwatcher, so there you go.

Gye Greene said...

Actually, ''there's no such thing as a Vulcan Death Grip''. (I think if you Google that phrase, you'll get several hits; it's the punchline to a Classic Star Trek episode.)

It's the ''Vulcan Nerve Pinch.'' Humans can do it, but it's an exceedingly rare ability in non-humans, as it requires a precise understanding of anatomy and physiology.

How do I know all this...? ;)


--GG