Thursday, September 21, 2006

Take Two

Today my mom came to visit and we took the Peanut for a walk to Legal Grounds for breakfast. Legal Grounds is a coffee shop slash law office, only I don't think they have the law part of it anymore. Now they just have coffee and really good food and law books on the shelves to make it look like a law office. At night, oddly enough, it is a Greek restaurant, which we haven't tried yet, mostly on account of when I was pregnant, I couldn't have feta cheese. Oh, how I missed feta! We'll have to go there sometime soon. Anyway, on the way to Legal Grounds, we had to pass the yoga place from the other day, and who was standing outside but the lady who told me she liked my orange shoes! I didn't want her to see me because I decided not to go back there even though I told them all "see you next time" at the end of the class where I got pressed past my edge. It's a good thing my mom was there, because she said, "I'll hide you!" and made a big deal out of blocking me from sight by walking sideways with her arms held out wide. I'm sure no one noticed, it was so subtle (where is sarcasm font when you need it?). My mom thought it was real funny.

I think I may have been a little too hard on the yoga place, though, because the next day I wasn't sore at all. But tomorrow I am going to try another place I found on the internet to see if I like it better. And as a bonus, it is the opening week, so the class is free. I am not sure I will like it though. It will probably be a more traditional class, like I am used to, and I will like that. On the other hand, this class is at a new "wellness spa" associated with a swanky hotel (coming soon!) and I fear I will be surrounded by the Beautiful People rather than old hippie ladies this time. At least with my orange shoes I won't feel like a total loser. Those shoes are like Dumbo's magic feather, I tell you what. So, I will let you know how it goes. At least there probably won't be a poem at the end.

I have almost finished the book I've been reading all year (Mailman) and I could have finished it this afternoon during Daphne's nap, but I didn't. For one thing, I am very worried about how things are going to turn out for Mailman. It doesn't look good. And for another thing, I hate finishing books because then they are over and I have book-finishing letdown, which lasts at least until I find a new book to read. I'll probably go ahead and go finish it when I'm done with this blog though. I've got to do it sometime.

A couple of quick things while I'm thinking about it:

Kim - the pumpkin I have is Libby's brand 100% pumpkin, and on the label it says "Ingredient: Pumpkin" so if it's squash, they've got some explaining to do.

Fooie: I am not allowed to give you my Jambalaya recipe, but I can tell you it is adapted from Eula Mae's Jambalaya in the Tabasco Brand cookbook by McIlhenny.

G.G.: Yeah, Kev told me about the Nerve Pinch thing. I wondered why something called a death grip never actually killed anyone. I think I thought it was called that because of a song called Vulcan Death Grip by a cool band from Austin whose name I suddenly can't remember. All I can think of is Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, but that's not it. Help me out, Kev.

2 comments:

K. said...

The band w/ the Vulcan Death Grip Song is "The Ugly Americans".

Go ahead and print the jambalaya recipe if you want...the secret is already out.

-K.

Gye Greene said...

At first I thought you were being witty, referring to it as ''fetal cheese' when you wrote ''I missed fetal''. But on re-reading it, turns out the ''L'' was an exclamation point.

But your blog entries are still good. ;)


--GG