Thursday, September 07, 2006

Tic Tac Toe

Three in a row. Three nights in a row, that is, where the Peanut has put herself to sleep and then slept all night. I think that's enough to be considered a trend that's pretty much here to stay. She's sleeping about 12 hours now. It is so great. Now I don't feel like I have to rush to bed right away to maximize my sleeping time. She goes to bed at about 8:00 and goes to sleep within about 10 minutes, and the past few nights, I have been able to stay up for a while and watch TV and READ! I am finally going to get to finish reading "Mailman" (which is a book I started reading way back in May). I almost feel like a normal person again.

Today's challenge: taking the baby to the grocery store without a meltdown.

UPDATE: So, we just got back from the store...the Peanut was awake the whole time and was good all the way to the deli counter, which is the last stop. There, she decided to melt down right in front of the nice deli man who has been waiting to see her. (It's my own dang fault, I guess, for taking too long in the sausages. I couldn't help it! There were so many to choose from!)* The wailing lasted until we got to the checkout, where the lines were loooong. So, I had to take her down from the grocery cart and swing her back and forth in the seat for about 15 minutes so she wouldn't scream. A request for those of you who go to the grocery store kid-free: If you see a beaten-down looking lady with a screaming infant in a heavy carseat which needs to be swung to keep the peace, for the love of Pete, be a good citizen and let her go ahead of you. It's the nicest thing you could do. On a more positive note, a short British lady was giving out samples of an Asian Pear. It was delightful! I bought two.

*For anyone who is interested, I went with a smoked bratwurst.

1 comment:

Julie said...

12 hours!! That is GREAT!! Yea Daphne!!