Friday, March 13, 2009

The First One

OK, here is the first Thing That Makes Me Happy: my spirally scarf. It makes me happy for several reasons, including:
  • I love the color,
  • I made (knit) it myself,
  • it represents Fall,
  • it reminds me of my good friend Emily who helped me with the pattern,
  • it is made from alpaca (soft and not too itchy), and
  • it is generally groovy.

It may not be Prada, but it's good enough for me. It will never go out of fashion because it was never actually IN fashion. It is timeless, if you will. I love my spirally scarf.




Here is last night's 70's "casserole concoction" as Kevin decided to call it.
I called it "Chicken Surprise." It wasn't very good, but it wasn't awful. The best part was the bread crumbs. There were a few moments of kitchen panic when I realized I was out of breadcrumbs (this is almost unheard of), but I happened to have a little left-over sourdough loaf, so I made my own in my very under-used food processor. Problem solved! I am sad to say that there is more Chicken Surprise in the fridge, so somebody's going to have to eat it.

Um...Not it!

Sorry, Kev.

No comments: