Friday, September 10, 2004

Nightmare Theory

I have a lot of bad dreams / nightmares. Most of them involve scary transportation or natural disasters, like plane crashes, earthquakes, falling elevators, etc. I guess I am just trying to work out some of my fears and stresses in my sleep, but it's kind of a drag. Then, last night, for the first time in a long time, I had a very nice non-stressful dream. There were puppies and babies all around, and I was very happy. Then I woke up. No puppies, no babies. And I'll admit, I felt a little bit of a let-down. So, my theory is maybe nightmares are better, because then when you wake up, you feel relieved that it wasn't real, instead of disappointed.

Other news:

  • We upgraded our satellite from Top 50 to Top 120, so now we get cool Sirius music channels, BBC, and Animal Planet. I have already learned new stuff about black bears and alligators.
  • My car is all fixed, and I got my admission of screw-up and apology from the turkeys, so all is good there.
  • I am supposed to go to Jamaica next week. Not sure if that's going to happen now. Those poor people. Hurricanes are scary.
  • Our weather, on the other hand, is FABULOUS!
  • My friend Damon gets to come home from Iraq for two weeks starting tomorrow. That is very good news.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

No comments: