Saturday, September 04, 2004

Why are we fighting?

I hate election season. It makes everyone fight. I am not a Republican, but I know and respect many who are. I am also not a Democrat, but I know and respect many who are. I disagree with many Bush Administration policies, especially on the environment, education reform, and the death penalty. That does not mean I hate George Bush, or the Christians, or anyone who happens to be a Republican. I am not a big fan of John Kerry either. There are things I want from a president that I don't think he can give me. That does not mean I hate John Kerry or minorities or anyone who happens to be a Democrat. I am tired of the arguing. No one is really listening to each other anyway. People just keep on spouting sound bites at each other, and I think it's counter-productive. I haven't decided who I am going to vote for, or even if I'm going to vote at all. But I can tell you that none of this arguing is going to affect my decision either way.

Also, I must say I am shocked and horrified by the display of disgusting human behavior at Monday's Cowboy game when fans boo-ed some Middle Eastern people who were shown on the Jumbo-Tron. What in the hell were they thinking? I am ashamed to be an American Human sometimes.

I am sorry for the negativity of today's blog. I'm just mad. Thanks.

No comments: