Monday, September 06, 2004

Sign O' the Groove

I am very groove-driven. If I am not in my groove, nothing gets done. There are a lot of factors that contribute to my groove, like weather and stress and such. My groove cycle is pretty predictable. It generally is completely non-existent in the summer, due to extreme heat and lethargy. It kicks in as the weather cools down, and sticks around until my annual post-holiday-season let-down. There might be a mini-groove if it snows. Then when it starts getting into spring, and there is gardening and the birds start to come back, groove-on. But then summer hits, groove over, and the cycle starts all over again.
After a difficult summer, I feel a new groove coming on. Here are the signs:

  • I haven't skipped a walk in over a week, except for the day we had house-guests.
  • I ordered salad at a restaurant.
  • I feel like cooking new things.
  • I like to go outside.
  • For the first time in a long time, I feel like playing music (much to Kev's happiness, the PPHPHB practiced last night).
  • I caught myself smiling in my car for no reason.

So, it's good to be getting my groove. I have to be careful though. Any little thing can throw off the groove.

Happy Labor Day to All!

1 comment:

K. said...

Long live the groove!