Thursday, September 02, 2004

Thursday Housepants Blues

This morning I discovered a hole in my favorite housepants. Plus I didn't have any coffee. And I forgot to thaw out the meat that I was going to use for tonight's dinner. So, it was a rough start, but things are looking up. I get to spend some time with Albert the dog today at my brother's house before I go to work. At my brother's house, it is fun because he has BBC America, and also lots of Tivo-ed Da Ali G shows, which are entertaining, in small doses anyway. And I only have to work for 1 hour and 15 minutes today.

Tonight when I get home, we are doing a 5K in our neighborhood to help raise money for a nice dad who got attacked by a skinhead in Deep Ellum and is now paralyzed, all because he was being a nice dad by taking his daughters to a show at Gypsy Tea Room. If you are interested in this story, or want to help, go to: www.barkingdogs.org/html/082004_rundownviolence5k.shtml

Bird Fun Fact: The loudest nightengale is the same dB as a chainsaw from 3 feet away.

Bird Not-so-Fun Fact: There are only about 300 Whooping Cranes left in the wild.

No comments: