Sunday, September 12, 2004

Part of the Solution

Today during our walk, there was a bunch of trash in the street including a whataburger bag (from the "Hammer", no doubt), so we started picking it up and threw it in a trash bin in the alley. I can not understand why anyone would litter. Also, I joined the Sierra Club and signed a petition to try to get the Bush Administration to rethink its proposal to go ahead and start commercial logging in the Great Sequoya National Forest. I feel really helpless most of the time, so I figured even these small things were better than doing nothing. It would be a real drag if our kids and grandkids missed out on the wild-life and National Parks that we seem to be in the process of destroying.

Also on our walk, we saw a red-bellied woodpecker, which was nice because I hadn't seen one in a while.

And we got to play with the cool boxer up the street. (I don't know his name, but I call him Arturo).

We just finished dinner. Kev grilled some steaks, and I made some mashed potatoes and broccoli. I felt like a grown-up eating such things. Then, I had meat-guilt. But I got over it. I'd never make it as a vegetarian.

Tomorrow begins a very busy week. When will I find the time to roller-skate???

1 comment:

Robert_M said...

Act locally, and pick up after Hammer. I'm glad I'm not the only one who falls for that 'leave it cleaner than you found it' stuff.