Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Noisy Day on Palo Pinto

I've got to hand it to the builders. They are really working hard. I feel sorry for them, because it is REALLY hot and humid today. I'm actually kinda worried about the one guy who appears to be about 80 years old. We now have a floor. It looks like a big stage. It makes me want to get out my tap shoes. I'll go out and take a picture after the guys leave so I can put it here on the blog. Anyway, whatever they are working on today is making a lot of noise. The lady next door who has a day-care center in her house is probably not having much luck with nap-time.

Meanwhile, I am working hard to get all my proverbial ducks in a row before the arrival of the Peanut. I have a long list, and I've been checking things off, but it's wearing me out. Kev has been working hard too, assembling various baby accessories like pack-n-plays and bouncey seats and strollers. We've been practicing how to use all that stuff...it is more complicated than you might think.

Tonight is game 2 of the Spurs/Mavs series, and I still have confidence in the Mavericks in spite of Sunday's loss. I am making chicken marsala for dinner, which is a big step for me, as I've had a strong aversion to it through most of my pregnancy. We'll see how it goes.

Countdown to Peanut = 27 days.

No comments: