Thursday, November 30, 2006

Arctic Blast

Yesterday, it was 80 degrees. Today, it snowed. The channel 5 team of meteorologists said we were having an "Arctic Blast." And, indeed we did. Kev came home early from work to avoid the effect of the arctic blast on the highway, so we decided to put up the Christmas tree. But first, we bundled up the Peanut and took her outside to see her first snow. I don't think she quite understood what we were so excited about. But someday, she'll see. I'm hoping there will be real snow in New York next month so we can take her sledding and build a snow man. Anyway, it was a fun day and Daphne liked the Christmas tree putting up process. By the way, in the outside picture, you can see Javier mowing someone's lawn. In the snow.

Today is the last day of November and I didn't make a pie. Dangit. So I decided to count my Thanksgiving pumpkin bread pudding with butterscotch anglaise sauce as the November pie-of-the-month. Two people sent me pie recipes, and I fully intend to make them both.

I can't believe tomorrow is December.

5 comments:

Bleach said...

It was 65 degrees at 5:00 AM this morning and right now it is about 26 degrees.

I can't believe you all got snow before us?

fooiemcgoo said...

My dad is a nut when it comes to bread pudding. any chance i can get that recipe so i can give it to him?

Tara said...

Brad: Nanny nanny boo boo.

By the way, we missed you at Thanksgiving.

Foo: Yes. I will email it to Brad when I get a chance.

whitneydonkey said...

Yall always have the cutest hats!

Gye Greene said...

Bottom photo looks like a troll face, with mayo splatted on top. Nifty!


--GG