Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Martha Ain't so Bad

Last Saturday, I went with my mom to meet Martha Stewart at her book-signing at Sur la Table. I figured they'd parade us through there like a herd of cattle and I'd be able to blog a blog about how mean and rude she was, but I was wrong. They gave us free coffee and cookies, and Martha Stewart was very friendly and took time to speak to people. I asked her how I could get her pillowcase dress pattern from like five years ago, and she told me to email her and they'd get it for me. I did, and it's on its way in the mail as we speak. A lot of people hate Martha Stewart, but I don't. She is nice and has good recipes and craft ideas. If anything, she is just so rich that she is out of touch with reality and thinks things like keeping your own chickens and ironing your sheets and blue jeans and having a pantry the size of my house are essential for a happy home. But, at least she's not all overly perky and annoying like Rachel Ray, or a self-righteous name dropper butt kisser "look-at-me-I'm-so-generous-and-concerned" phony like Oprah. I guess that was a little harsh. Sorry, Ope. You were pretty good in that Color Purple, I guess.

3 comments:

fooiemcgoo said...

I am glad to hear that she is as nice as she seems to be. Especially since she had to deal with the unplesantries of prison life.

Julie said...

That is good to hear- I too like Martha- I want a copy of that pattern when you get it. :)

whitneydonkey said...

i like her too.