Saturday, November 18, 2006

Death by Pumpkin

I just got back from pumpkin class. It was fun. Here is what we made: pumpkin pecan pie with bourbon sauce, pumpkin bread pudding with butterscotch sauce, pumpkin seed brittle, pumpkin cheesecake, and white chocolate pumpkin souffle. Whew. At the end we tasted it all and now I am all sick and loopy on sugar. But man, oh, man, was it good. The bread pudding was best, and I tihnk I am going to make it for Thanksgiving. Our teacher was really nice...a grad of the CIA which is in Hyde Park where Kev's family lives. The class was nice and small, only 7 people total. One lady was a real know-it-all, and kept bossing us around and giving us food chemistry fun facts. Another girl kept licking her fingers which was grossing me and my mom out. Everyone else was nice. I would like to take another class. Maybe a curry class. She is doing a whole class on macaroni and cheese soon, but Kev hates macaroni and cheese. Crazy.

Kev and Daphne aren't here, which is very weird. I have the whole house to myself. If I wasn't so wound up on pumpkin desserts, I would take a nap.

Anyway, I encourage you all to make stuff with pumpkin. It is tasty, and full of Vitamin A!

No comments: