Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Pie Feedback

I am enjoying all of your suggestions about pie! Please keep 'em coming.

Whitney: Funny, I was just telling Kev that peanut butter seemed like a Novembery kind of pie. I don't have a recipe though.
GG: I would love a raspberry cream pie, but you're right, it's out of season. That would be a good July pie. The only reason I made blackberry cobbler in October is that I was desperate to get my pie done in time, and because I happened to have two cans of blackberries that I never used last year when I had a hankerin' for fruit pie.
Darlene: I would LOVE the recipe for the chocolate pie if you have time.
Marty: I like sweet potatoes, but have never had them as pie. Is it a dessert pie, or more of a side dish? Unfortunately, Kev doesn't like sweet potatoes.
Kim: OK, what the heck is woodpecker pie? I googled it, but found nothing.
Julie: Pecan is one of my possibilities for Nov or Dec...but I would probably make chocolate chip pecan pie.

By the way, my mom and I are taking a cooking class at Sur la Table in a couple weeks called "Beyond Pumpkin Pie" where we will learn other pumpkiny desserts that aren't pumpkin pie. It should be fun.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I think I have a quick yummy peanut butter pie recipe- i will check at home-