Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Artist at Work

The Peanut loves her new easel from Grandma and Grandpa. Here is a video of her using it this morning.

Every day, she asks to paint. Keeping the paint colors separated is out of the question. But that's OK I guess. I don't know what we're going to do with all these pieces of art. Right now, we use a hippo-shaped chip clip to hang one at a time from the blinds in the play room. Our fridge is not magnetic.

It is COLD here today, and going to get even colder later in the week. All this cold, and no snow. It isn't right.

Last weekend, we walked over to the weekly farmer's market down the street. We bought apples, eggs, breakfast sausages, and a pork shoulder. It was all so fresh and good, and I felt good about feeding it to my family. I don't want to get all preachy about being earth-friendly on you, but if you want to read a really good article about "eating green," get the newest Bon Appetit magazine, or follow this link. I really believe that every little bit helps. I wish the farmer's market was every day.

Have I mentioned how much I love Flight of the Conchords? Hooray for three free months of HBO. It will expire soon, and I will be very very sad.

In happy news, Daphne and I will be making a trip to Texas very soon. Perhaps I'll make a list in my next post of things I want to do while I'm there. Yee-Haw!

2 comments:

Bleach said...

Murray is my favorite. I think he may have been in YES MAN. The new Jim Carrey movie. If it was not him, then this guy really ripped his humor off. Although he is funnier in Flight of the Concords.

Gye Greene said...

At one point, I had the entire ''Hiphopoppotomous and Rhymeocerous'' song memorized. Showed it to the girl, and now she keeps asking to watch it (I have it on DVD).

Excellent painting! If you claim that you painted it, not your daughter, you could probably sell it for a few thousand $$$.

Lotsa paintings: I write The Girl's name and the date in one of the corners (which also aids in determining which way is ''up''), wait a few days for it to **really** dry, and then stack 'em on the top shelf in the closet. I think we have about a half foot of art, so far...


I figure when the kid is twenty, we'll start at the bottom and work our way through, and be intrigued at her artistic development. :)


--GG