Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Downward Spiral


This is the back staircase at my house. This morning, as I was going down it in the dark and trying to be really quiet, I fell down about the last five steps. I was wearing my slippers, which aren't slippery at all, but I think I just mis-stepped at the spirally turn. Who knows? It was dark. I have bruised a heel and possibly my tailbone, but nothing is sprained or broken, so that's good. And the giant thud did not wake up the Peanut, so I was able to make Kev's lunch, and more importantly, the coffee, before she got up.
This post is dedicated to my cousin Brad who has an imaginary Fall Down Log, in which I am honored to be included.
Unrelated: We were just watching Mister Rogers, and he brought the most terrifying clown mask you have ever seen to show his television neighbors. I almost had to turn it off.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Well, this sure does look like you need some railing. Railing is cheap, Tara, and very easy to install. I have even done it myself. And plus, I guess, some bumper pads! :) Get on it!

Gye Greene said...

...and carpet. Better traction, and softer when you fall on it.

Glad to hear you're (mostly) o.k.

Your house has a BACK **and** a MAIN staircase? What a TOTALLY... COOL... HOUSE...!!! :)

(Any ghosts? Any secret rooms or passages?)


I totally need to buy some Mr. Rogers DVDs: Aussles don't know about him, and I need to indoctrinate my children.


--GG