Thursday, January 22, 2009

Going Around Town

As you can see by the state of Small Frosty, the snow here has almost completely disappeared. Today, it was a balmy 43 degrees! I haven't been out of the house since Monday (Kev has been taking the Subaru to work), so this morning I bundled up the Peanut and hit the sidewalk. It's good to live in a small town. I don't really even need a car most of the time. Today, we walked to the bank, the post office, and then the nursery, where we bought some potting soil to transplant the peanut plant (below).

Daphne was really good until a tense moment in the nursery when she loudly said, "Mommy, get me out of this stinky yucky place." Nice manners, huh? The funny thing was, it smelled really good in there. The post office was the real stinky yucky place in my opinion. Anyway, we made a quick exit from the nursery and headed to lunch at the Roy Rogers restaurant. Roy Rogers is a place I had never been because they are only located in the NorthEastern/MidAtlantic US. But, I have been craving a cheeseburger like nobody's business for about two weeks, so I thought we'd give it a try.

It was actually pretty good! I must not be getting enough protein, because as I ate that Roy Rogers cheeseburger, I honestly felt better, stronger and more energized. Daphne liked it too. She ate every last crumb of her cheeseburger and fries. And the best part is, as I sat across from Daphne at the Roy Rogers, fielding questions like, "Mommy, do spaceships have steering wheels?" and trying to minimize ketchup mess on her face and clothes, I realized how lucky I am that I get to hang out with her all the time. She really is a lot of fun. I know I complain about never having time to myself and so forth, but this is really the best job I can imagine. I hope she's having as much fun as I am.
After lunch, we made one more stop at Safeway because my coffee supply was perilously low. Then it was back home for naptime.
Honestly, I think it was way easier walking to all those places than it would have been to drive to each place, park, and get the Peanut in and out of the carseat. What a great day. And tomorrow it is supposed to be 53! I'm gonna have to come up with more errands...











2 comments:

Julie said...

I know your away from family and friends- but I LOVE YOUR NEW LIFE!!

Gye Greene said...

Time with kids: you said it. Valuable.

Small town walking: You're probably getting an insane amount of incidental exercise -- some of it probably aerobic (if you're walking for >20 mins).


--GG