Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Fall/Mister Rogers Update


So, I went on the internet to search for a picture of Mister Rogers in his scary clown mask, and lo and behold, I found one. The funny thing is, this is a DIFFERENT clown mask than the one he put on in the episode I saw today, so that means he has donned scary clown masks at least twice on his show. The one today was worse than this one. If you search, you can find the video that goes with the picture above, which in some cases has been overdubbed with scary evil clown voice. I will not post a link, because I will not support Mister Rogers smearing. But he really shoulda thought twice about the masks. (Shiver).




Here is a picture of a re-enactment of my fall down the stairs. Do you like my purple satin dress? Just kidding. That's not me. My aunt Kathy sent me the photo. She falls down a lot, so she probably had it saved on her computer somewhere. It might even be her!
As it turns out, I think my injuries are worse than I thought. As my grandma likes to say, "I'm all stoved up." The actually saying is, "all stove up," without the -d. It is a very southern way of saying you are sore and stiff. As in, "Oh Lo-ord, Mahtha, ah'm all stove up. Ah reckon ah cain't hardly move." Please, everyone, HOLD THE RAIL. I got cocky. Don't let it happen to you.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Actually that kind of looks like your Mom! I'm dying laughing at your All Stoved Up comments. You got it down!

And I use to fall down a lot, but now I catch myself more often and I am really good at a quick recovery. Most of the time now I fall down and get up so quickly no one hardly ever even sees me!

Bleach said...

She says she catches herself but in reality it is due to a Christmas present I got her. Mom...You will need to explain.

Gye Greene said...

Stove: Hm. Wonder what the origins are? Wood-fueled stoves makin' ya tired?

Holding the rail: a few years ago I noticed that I now always have my fingertips on the handrail when going down stairs. No longer young and invulnerable, I guess.


--GG


Word verif: ''Immish'': an early version of the Amish, that never caught on.